One of the main events of the year for Lyme Regis – in fact you could say it is ‘the’ event. This is a week of fun for all the family and to help raise money for the RNLI and were sure you’ll have a great time.
EVENTS ON DURING LIFEBOAT WEEK
Most of the events are held in and around Lyme Regis. For more info on any event e-mail: email@example.com
- Breakfast Baps on sale at the Lifeboat Station.
- Lifeboat Welcoming Display off the Main Beach.
- Cliff rescue demo – the first of two demonstrations by the Coastguards at the Marine Parade Shelters.
- Illuminated Boats. In the evening local fisherman the boats will display their boats across the bay for a prize.
- MX5 Owners Club Rally on the Marine Parade.
- Sand Treasure Hunt. Bring your own spade! Main Beach Lyme Regis, £1 admission
- The Reunion Orchestra will be giving a recital in the Marine Parade Shelters Performance Area.
- Belly Dancers, Marine Parade Shelters
- Beach Rescue (second Coastguard demo) Main Beach, Lyme Regis
- Town Mill Open Photography Competition, Town Mill Malthouse Lyme Regis
- Classic Car Display, Marine Parade Lyme Regis.
- The Mighty Shed, rock and pop performances by local youngsters, Marine Parade Shelters Performance Area.
- Gig Race, The Bay Lyme Regis
- Exhibition and Sale, Marine Parade Shelters
- Bath Tub Race, (12 noon). Starts from Cobb Gate, ends at the Harbour mouth. Entrance fee £1 per person
- Sand Sports, Sand Bar Lyme Regis
- Family Quiz at The Marine Theatre, £2 per person, £1 children. Prizes for under and over 12’s. Teams up to 6, bar, raffle, tea and coffee.
- Lyme Regis Fire Brigade Exercise, Fire Brigade deal with a simulated rescue at the Lifeboat Station.
- Jazz Evening, Nag’s Head, Silver Street.
- Pavement Artists Competition on Marine Parade. Five Age Groups.
- Fossil Walk with Nigel Clarke, Meet at the Lifeboat Station. Adults £5, Children £2.50.
- Chicago Bridge Drive, Lyme Regis Golf Club, all welcome, £5 includes light refreshments
- Sand Castle Competition, Main beach. Entrance fee £1
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic, Admission Teddy Bears £1: accompanying children and adults free. Marine Parade Shelters
- Barn Dance, Tickets £8-50 adults / £3 children, including Ploughman’s Supper. Licensed Bar. Uplyme Village Hall
- Lyme Regis Town Band Concert, 8.00pm Marine Parade, Lyme Regis.
- Yard of Ale Competition, The Cobb Arms. Entry Fee £4 (max 2 yards per person)
- Monkton Wyld Morris Men, Performing between the Lifeboat Station and the Royal Standard
- Live Music at the Cobb Arms, local band
- Sailing Club RNLI Pennant Race, The harbour
- Kite Making Workshop for the under 11’s, Marine Parade Shelters Lyme Regis, £2 per person
- Stand-Up Paddle Boarding from the beach, Main Beach Lyme Regis, £5
- The Famous Nag’s Head Barbeque. Food and live music, Nag’s Head, Silver Street Lyme Regis
- The Lyme Regis Majorettes Performance. Performance Area of the Shelters Lyme Regis
- Shanty Singers. Performance Area of the Shelters Lyme Regis
- Swimming Race For Adults. Swim from the beach at Cobb Gate to the North Wall of the Harbour (Registration for the Swimming Challenges begins at Cobb Gate, No entries will be accepted after 14:20)
- Swimming Race – Children (and accompanying adults)
- Ghost Walk with Chris Lovejoy, Lyme Regis Museum
- Uplyme Morris Men, The Slipway, Lyme Regis
- Grand Duck Race. First Prize £50, 12.00(noon), Upper Mill, Windsor Terrace Lyme Regis £1 entry per duck
- Firework Display from the Cobb at the Harbour. 22:00, The Seafront Lyme Regis
1,298 total views, 2 views today